New Delhi: Do you know you might be have world’s most powerful passport and you might not be even aware of it. Check out the list of top 10 passports in the world for the year 2023. Based on unique data provided by the International Air Transport Association, London-based global citizenship and residence advice firm Henley & Partners has issued the Henley Passport Index for the year 2023.
The 2023 Henley Passport Index ranking is now available, with Japan taking the top rank for the fifth consecutive year. According to the passport index, India is rated 85th, which means that people with Indian passports can travel to 59 countries without a visa. India has moved up two spots in the rankings from where it was a year ago, when it was in 87th place. Passport holders from Japan are permitted entry into 193 nations without a visa.
World’s most powerful passports 2023: Top 10 Rankings
1. Japan — visa-free score: 193
2. Singapore and South Korea — visa-free score: 192
3. Germany and Spain — visa-free score: 190
4. Finland, Italy and Luxembourg — visa-free score: 189
5. Austria, Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden — visa-free score: 188
6. France, Ireland, Portugal and the United Kingdom — visa-free score: 187
7. Belgium, Czech Republic, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland and the United States — visa-free score: 186
8. Australia, Canada, Greece and Malta — visa-free score: 185
9. Hungary and Poland — visa-free score: 184
10. Lithuania and Slovakia — visa-free score: 183
Where does India Stand in the Rankings?
The Indian passport grants visa-free travel to 59 international locations and is ranked 85th in the world’s most powerful passport index for 2023. The nation was ranked 82nd in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, 84th in 2021, 85th in 2022, and 83rd in 2023.
Indian passport holders can travel visa-free to more than 50 destinations that include:
Jeju Province (South Korea)
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent & Nevis
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
British Virgin Islands
Belovezhskaya Puschcha National Park
List of countries where you get visa on arrival:
According to the Henley Passport power scores, access to more than 70% of the global economy is only available in 6% of the world’s nations. Only 17% of governments allow visa-free travel to more than 4/5 of the world’s 227 destinations, according to the Henley Passport Index. India’s neighbours China and Pakistan ranked 66th and 106th in the list.
This Post is auto generated from rss feed if you got any error/complaint please contact us.