Writing is a great way for students to make extra money very, very easily. After all, students spend so much time writing that they might as well sell some of their skills to others! Writing requires no additional equipment, it can be done anytime, anywhere and, as with any skill, the more you practice, the better and faster you get. what stops you?
Well, not knowing where to start might hold you back. Here are some suggestions on how to make some extra money from your writing.
Perhaps one of the easiest ways to get started is to sell some of your old essays from courses and lessons you’ve completed. People from all over the world are regularly on websites like Gumtree, Reddit or CustomWritings looking for someone to write an essay for them. Why not advertise your already written essays there? I can guarantee that at least one person will buy them, especially if you advertise with the great grade you got for them. However, if your essay was really poorly researched and written and got a super low score, then it’s probably best not to mention how it performed…
If you don’t have any essays to sell, never fear! With the ever-expanding digital market and increasing pressures on college students, essay writing services are becoming more common and companies are always looking for students to help with essay writing. You do need to be very aware of what you’re doing – if you’re majoring in social sciences and someone asks you to write a paper on a topic within higher physics, it probably won’t end well!
Tips to be an essay writer
- It can take a lot of time to do research and write essays, even if the essay falls within your field. Don’t try to write an essay about something you know nothing about. It will not look good on you and you are unlikely to be rehired.
- Offer your services within the field you are already studying. The extra research you do around your topic has the added benefit of making your own work better!
- Don’t let it take up too much of your time, or your own work will suffer.
- Detach yourself from the process. It may sound counterintuitive, but it will make you a more efficient writer. You have to make sure you do it right!
Believe it or not, not everyone who claims to write their own blogs actually writes their own. There are countless people who want kudos for having a famous or popular blog, but don’t want to spend time writing for them. They are happy to pay for the services of ghost blog writers to do the legwork for them. If you think about it, it can be a great idea to get some experience writing about a whole range of topics and get your writing there! A major advantage of blogging over the academic writing discussed earlier is that there is no need to reference blog writing at all, which definitely saves a lot of time and energy. You will also be able to write about things you are really passionate about and get excited about! It’s an opportunity to make easy money talking about the things you love.
Tips for Being a Blog Writer
- Read different types of blogs every day to get an idea of their style. The more versatility you have in your writing style, the more popular you will be as a blog writer.
- Research blog writing websites. Blog post vacancies are posted daily, you just need to know where to look.
- Gain insight into SEO and copywriting in general. Today, blogs are rarely blogs to share thoughts and feelings. Instead, they are glorified ads that aim to convert as many people as possible from readers to consumers. If you understand this and can manipulate the language accordingly, you will become a much sought-after ghost blogger.
Write product reviews
This one is a bit cheeky, to be honest. Basically, there are people who will pay you to write a good review for their service or product, even if you have never used their service or tried their product. Again, if you know where to look, this can be a great way to make easy money. Likewise, there are people who will pay you to leave negative reviews of others’ products and services. Integrity goes out the window, but like I said, it’s easy money and can be done literally anywhere, anytime on your mobile.
Tips for being a reviewer
- Be quick! Time is money when it comes to this. The more you get done, the more will come your way.
- Vary your writing style – there’s no point in using the same “voice” in your writing for multiple reviews, especially if the reviews are on the same site. It raises suspicion and you don’t want that.
These are just three ways students can easily make money from a skill they already have. There are also countless other ways – you are writing all day, every day. Someone has to write it, so why not you?