Know these 8 benefits of eating capsicum, you will be surprised to know these benefits
Know these 8 benefits of eating capsicum, you will be surprised to know these benefits. Capsicum is a part of the nightshade family, which includes potatoes, tomatoes and eggplants. And comes in Green and Red colours. ‘Capsaicin’, known to control the pungency in chillies, is found in small amounts in capsicum. This is the reason why there is no pungency in capsicum. These are known as sweet peppers.
However, many people often separate capsicum from their food by taking it out. Perhaps you will also be one of them. But do you know that the vegetable which you do not give importance to, can give you so many benefits. Otherwise, let us know about its benefits…
Also read: – ‘Babita’, who gave bold scenes with Baba Nirala, made fans sweat by sharing photos in an open towel gown, see photos
Benefits Of Eating Capsicum
- Two carotenoids are found in high amounts in capsicum. They reduce the risk of macular degeneration in the eyes.
- Capsicum is a good source of antioxidants including flavonoids. They provide protection against oxidative damage in the body.
- Capsanthin, responsible for the deep red color of capsicum, is a powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from UVA and UVB damage.
- Vitamin B6 and folate are also found in capsicum in abundance, which help in reducing the level of homocysteine.
- Many essential vitamins are present in capsicum. Both these vitamins play an important role in strengthening the immune system, apart from reducing the risk of disease.
- Vitamins A and C along with the antioxidant lycopene in it help keep the heart healthy by preventing free radical damage.
- Being rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of capsicum is helpful in fighting cancer. It contains many cancer-fighting antioxidants, such as apigenin, luteolin, lupeol, quercetin, and carotenoids such as capsiate, lycopene, beta-cryptoxanthin, and beta-carotene.
- Apart from this, capsicum is also considered best for reducing weight.
This Post is auto generated from rss feed if you got any error/complaint please contact us.