National

Karnataka Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai

[ad_1]

Karnataka COVID-19 Lockdown To Continue Till June 7, Says Minister

The total number of active coronavirus cases in Karnataka is 350,087. (File)

Bengaluru:

Karnataka Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai today said that the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown in the state will continue till June 7.

“We have got general guidelines from GoI regarding how to follow containment measures till June 30. There will be no changes in ongoing restrictions till June 7”, said Mr Bommai.

The minister also informed that Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa will call for a meeting of ministers and experts in a few days to take the final call.

“The positivity rate and the number of cases in the state have declined, and if every citizen supports, we can control the infection”, Mr Bommai added.

The Karnataka government had initially announced a 14-day lockdown from April 27 but has now imposed a lockdown in the state till June 7 due to to the rising number of infections.

The Karnataka Chief Minister has announced a financial package of Rs 1,250 crore to provide relief to those whose livelihoods have been affected by COVID-19 induced lockdown.

The total number of active cases in Karnataka is 350,087 while 21,89,064 people have been discharged so far. The death count in the state has gone up to 28,298.

[ad_2]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please close Adblocker