In India, individuals who have already received two doses of the Covishield vaccine will receive a third dose. Those who received Covaxin will receive a third dose. (REUTERS)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced last month that senior citizens, healthcare workers, and frontline workers would receive precautionary doses.
Starting today, January 10, the COVID-19 precautionary dose will be given to the eligible population. Healthcare and frontline workers, as well as those over 60 years old with co-morbidities, will receive the booster dose. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on December 25, 2021 that precautionary doses would be administered to healthcare and frontline workers beginning January 10, 2022.
1) Anyone who has received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine is eligible to schedule an appointment or walk into any COVID vaccination centre.
2) The interval between the second and precautionary doses should be 9 months.
3) Eligible health care workers, frontline workers, and co-morbid individuals over the age of 60 can apply for an online slot.
4) On Saturday, the Co-WIN platform opened registration for the COVID-19 vaccine’precaution dose’ for healthcare workers, frontline workers, and senior citizens over 60.
5) The third dose will be the same vaccine that was given to the people for the first and second doses.
6) The Centre has stated that there will be no mixing and matching.
7) People who have already received two doses of the Covishield vaccine will receive a third dose. Those who received Covaxin will receive a third dose.
8) At the time of administration of the precaution dose, senior citizens with co-morbidities will not be required to produce a doctor’s certificate or prescription.
9) Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said in a tweet on Sunday that over one crore healthcare and frontline workers, as well as senior citizens, have received reminder SMSes for their precaution dose.
10) According to PTI, an estimated 1.05 crore healthcare and 1.9 crore frontline workers, as well as 2.75 crore comorbid people in the 60+ age group, will receive the precaution dose according to schedule, according to Health Ministry sources.