If you have no idea what a Paleo diet is, let me take you back to the days when cavemen lived. Paleo diet is basically a diet plan where you eat only green vegetables and meat. There is no room for whole grains, sugar products, legumes, fats and all kinds of processed foods.
Paleo diet is high in protein and contains no fats. In short, it’s a way to eat healthy in a different way.
What to Eat on Your Paleo Diet?
Your Paleo diet plan needs a lot of attention and you should add the following foods to your diet list:
- All kinds of meat – This includes chicken, beef, lamb, turkey, pork, mutton, and others.
- Seafood and fish – prefer wild caught seafood. Add salmon, shrimp, trout, haddock, shellfish, etc.
- Eggs – don’t forget to opt for omega-3 fortified eggs.
- The right vegetables – Carrots, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, and kale are good choices.
- Fresh fruit – Adding apples, bananas, oranges, avocados and all other beneficial fruits to the diet makes the diet richer in nutrients.
- Add tubers – Potatoes, yams and sweet potatoes are also important.
- Seeds and nuts are important – Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds complement the diet plan.
- Spices and salts – Sea salt, Himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric and rosemary.
- Oils and healthy fats – olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil and so on.
These are the foods that should be included in your Paleo diet plan.
What Not To Eat On Your Paleo Diet?
- Drinks or foods containing sugar – Soda, fruit juice, candy, pastries or ice cream.
- Dairy products – Milk, butter, cheese and other dairy products. Not even the low fat ones.
- cereals – Bread, wheat, rye, barley, pasta and so on.
- All types of vegetable oils – sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, grapeseed oil and so on.
- Any kind of sweetener that is artificial.
- Processed foods.
These are the foods to avoid in your Paleo diet plan.
However, the Paleo diet plan has the advantage that you can occasionally add red wine or dark chocolate to your diet. Also regarding drinks you can have tea or coffee once a day. Both are very beneficial as they are packed with antioxidants that are really helpful in your weight loss journey.
Paleo Diet and Its Results in Your Weight Loss Journey
Your weight loss journey doesn’t just consist of a good diet, but you should also go for a good exercise routine. Paleo diet will certainly help you lose weight, but you have to remember that the results can vary from person to person. Some people can get quick results and some can’t. But one should not be disappointed, because sooner or later the results will come.
Here are a few things you can expect from a Paleo diet on your weight loss journey:
- In the beginning you will lose your water weight. You can lose up to 5-10 pounds in the first week.
- While the result of the first week can be overwhelming as it loses water weight first, you will see a stable but remarkable result in the coming weeks.
- You can see the standard and moderate weight loss of 1-2 pounds each week. Even if the result is slow, it is long lasting. So don’t get demotivated. The idea of the Paleo diet is to eat healthy and well.
Well, this old high protein healthy diet comes in handy if you really want to lose weight. The diet plan helps you with the right amount of protein and nutrients that keep you healthy. The result may be slow and steady, but it is long lasting. Well, a result that the Paleo diet gives is worth the wait!
India07 (FilmyOne.com) – Exclusive Knowledge Site