travel

From January 3, West Bengal will ban all UK-bound international direct flights to

Beginning January 3, the West Bengal state government has announced a ban on all international direct flights from the United Kingdom to Kolkata. This action follows an unexpected increase in the number of COVID cases in the state.

According to reports, the suspension order will be in effect until further orders are issued. In addition, the state government issued an order requiring all international passengers to take a mandatory COVID-19 test upon arrival at the airport.

Read More: After a long hiatus, the Kerala government has reintroduced houseboat services

While those arriving from ‘at risk’ countries are already required to take the test upon arrival at other Indian airports, those arriving from non-‘at risk’ countries will be required to do so at their own expense at the Kolkata airport.

West Bengal will ban all UK
West Bengal will ban all UK

Furthermore, according to a new government directive for international passengers, airlines will randomly select 10% of passengers for RT-PCR testing, while the remaining 90% will be required to undergo Rapid Antigen Testing at the arrival airport.

According to reports, the COVID-19 situation in West Bengal has suddenly deteriorated, with Kolkata emerging as one of the districts of concern. On Wednesday, Kolkata reported 540 new COVID cases, bringing the total number of cases in the state to 1089.

Read More: Travel restrictions in West Bengal; partial lockdown

The majority of Omicron cases are being detected among those arriving on flights from the United Kingdom, according to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. She stated that the Center must decide whether or not to place restrictions on flights from countries with high Omicron cases.

Read More: The World’s highest motorable road is now in India: Road between Chisumle and Demchok

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please close Adblocker