Hair loss is a problem that is becoming increasingly common among men & women of today. There are a lot of factors that lead to this. The issue could result from pollution, a bad diet, poor hair care, or it could even be genetic. And just like any other problem, medical science has evolved to find a great solution to this increasing problem – hair transplants.
Hair transplants can help you restore the youth & vigour that you once had. The impact that hair transplants have on your overall quality of life is underrated. It’s astounding to see how people’s outlook on life completely changes with this procedure; it isn’t anything lesser than a miracle!
What Is A Hair Transplant?
To put it into simple words – a hair transplant is a procedure that moves the hair you already have (on other parts of your body) to fill an area with thin or no hair on your scalp. It is one of the most common cosmetic procedures out there.
How Do Hair Transplants Work?
Except for our palms, soles of our feet & our lips, all other parts of our bodies can grow hair. All our hair grows out of hair follicles. The problem starts when the hair stops growing out of the follicles present on the scalp.
Hair transplants offer a solution to this problem by not just transplanting healthy hair, but healthy follicles that will grow your hair naturally. Which means – hair transplants are a permanent solution!
Am I a good candidate for hair transplants?
Not all cosmetic procedures are for everyone. Similarly, for hair transplants, you are a good candidate if you qualify the following criteria:
1. You are a victim of male pattern baldness.
2. You’ve been facing issues with balding for a few years now.
3. You have lost hair due to trauma or burns.
4. If you have curly hair, you could be a better candidate for hair transplants as those with wavy hair require fewer drafts to get the same cosmetic effect as those with thinner hair.
Recovery tips after a hair transplant
Recovery is an important part of any cosmetic procedure. It requires effort on the part of the candidate. Follow these guidelines after you get a hair transplant to ensure a smooth recovery:
1. Don’t wash your hair for a few days after your transplant.
2. Use mild shampoos for the first few weeks.
3. You can resume your daily activities in about 3 days.
4. Wait for about a week till you begin your daily exercises.
5. If you’re a fan of hair dyes, talk to your surgeon as you might have to wait for about 4 weeks before you put your first hair dye after a hair transplant.
ConclusionIn this article, we told you about what hair transplants are, how they work, how to know if you are the right candidate & how to take care of yourself after a hair transplant. If you are looking for a hair transplant in Mumbai or Pune, we recommend Dr. Viral Desai from CPLSS. Dr. Desai is a board-certified surgeon & has worked with a diverse range of clients – ranging from elite actors & politicians to the commoner, in his long career of over 20 years. He has also won several awards throughout his career & is a thought leader in the field, making him one of the best surgeons for hair transplant in Mumbai, Pune or beyond.