Entertainment

After testing positive for COVID-19, John Mayer withdraws from the Dead and Company tour

After testing positive for COVID-19 just before leaving for Mexico for the performance, American singer-songwriter John Mayer will not be performing as the frontman for his band Dead and Company at the Playing in the Sand festival.
“Today, just prior to leaving for Mexico, @JohnMayer tested positive for COVID-19, as per his physician, and will be unable to perform at the upcoming ‘Playing in the Sand’ event in Riviera Cancun January 7-10,” the band said on Instagram.

Mayer is the second member of the Dead and Company band to have to withdraw from the shows, according to a report. Bill Kreutztmann, the drummer, had previously stated that he would be unable to attend the festival due to medical advice.

After leaving a fall Hollywood Bowl concert midway through, Kreutztmann revealed he was suffering from health problems. “We’ve come down to have a good time. Although some of our brothers will be unable to attend, we will have a good time regardless “In the post, Bob Weir said

John Mayer
John Mayer

Mayer’s positive diagnosis was confirmed to the press by a band representative. Mayer, who has been alternating Dead and Company tours with his own solo outings with success, has not updated his status.

The event is also set to run from January 13 to 16, but no mention of those dates was made in the text or accompanying graphic, possibly to leave the door open for Mayer to play the second weekend.

READ ALSO: Delhi shoot for Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif’s Tiger 3 has been postponed due to an increase in COVID-19

The band attempted to find a silver lining in the cloud of lineup changes with their announcement. “Fans can expect many rare and unique tunes in these unprecedented times,” according to the statement.

According to the report, the refund window that closed on December 31 remains closed for the time being, with no indication that anyone who attended in the hopes of seeing Mayer could still opt out.

READ ALSO: COVID ruined Bipasha Basu’s big birthday plans, which included a trip to the Maldives with husband Karan

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please close Adblocker