New Delhi: The monsoon season brings with it a nice respite from the recent and scorching summer season. The greens turn into brighter and there may be the intoxicating odor of moist earth.
Unfortunately, the monsoon additionally lowers our immunity and brings with it a bevvy of diseases and risks to our well being. One wants to put together upfront to have the ability to keep away from these. Preeti Goyal, Medical Director, vHealth by Aetna, shares just a few situations prevalent on this season and a few suggestions to stop them are:
* The drastic fluctuations in temperature and excessive humidity throughout this season makes one vulnerable to many viruses inflicting a chilly and flu. Taking a nutritious weight loss plan and immunity-boosting meals throughout this time, avoiding junk meals and consuming a lot of water goes a good distance in defending in opposition to viral infections. Herbal teas and heat honey water additionally act to defend the higher respiratory tract. Adequate sleep and bodily train are positive shot methods to enhance immunity.
* Like people, mosquitoes, mites, micro organism, viruses and fungi additionally love the monsoons. It is the breeding season for mosquitoes and mites which might transmit diseases like dengue, malaria and scrub typhus. Avoid any stagnation of water in and round your properties and encourage others to be aware of it too. In case of a febrile sickness, contact your doctor instantly.
* Typhoid and Hepatitis A due to contaminated meals/water additionally turn into extra prevalent throughout this time. Use solely filtered or boiled water and don’t use water saved for greater than 24 hours.
* Consume freshly cooked, mild meals. Avoid uncooked greens particularly the leafy ones and verify all greens and fruit for mud, larvae, rot and many others. earlier than consuming. Thoroughly wash all farm produce.
* Fungal infections particularly of the ft are one other drawback particular to this season. Clean and dry your ft completely daily particularly after they’re soaked with rainwater/mud. Avoid carrying moist footwear for lengthy.
* Wash your garments often and dry them within the solar at any time when potential and/or iron them earlier than utilizing. This kills the fungal spores and prevents fungal infections of the pores and skin.
* For individuals inclined to allergic reactions, the monsoon season might precipitate or exacerbate their signs. Avoid publicity to identified allergens and hold prescribed anti-allergic medicines helpful always.
Keeping these little suggestions in thoughts could make monsoons gratifying and memorable.
(THIS STORY HAS NOT BEEN EDITED BY INDIA07 TEAM AND IS AUTO-GENERATED FROM A SYNDICATED FEED.)